Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tour: Bedroom

All of the furniture that you see in my first blog post was supposed to convey in the sale of the property.  Well, in the end, it didn’t work out that way. I bought an empty house.  Having it furnished would have been nice, but the owner had to drop his price another 10K at the end because the assessed value was less than the asking price.  Since he had to go down another 10K, he wanted his furniture.  So a week before the settlement date, I purchased a queen sized “adjustable” bed from Sleepys, as well as two twin sized beds for placement in the loft.  The beds were delivered an hour or so after the settlement ended.  That was perfect!  At least I had a place to sit in the empty chalet.  And I also pre-purchased from Bed, Bath and Beyond the fluffiest and most comfy sheets, duvet and comforter.  I really wanted the bedroom to be a respite for the rat race world that I lived in Monday – Friday. The Chalet would be my dream escape each weekend.

And isn't the pearl chandelier divine?!

The gorgeous quilt on the wall was made by my birth mother (see her talents at "http://sewsewart.blogspot.com/") for my daughter.  Since the colors were perfect for the chalet, I am "borrowing" my daughter's quilt.  hee hee.



No comments:

Post a Comment